We get it – CrossFit can seem intimidating and overwhelming! Plus, finding a program that speaks to you and your goals is hard and sticking with one is even more difficult.
Getting started with us for your CrossFit journey is custom designed with you in mind. You don’t know any one, some people look very fit and lots of the movements are things you may not have seen before. We understand exactly how you feel and we want to bring you into our gym in a way that makes you feel confident, excited and stress free.
CrossFit has quite a few complex exercises which require some practice and familiarity prior to going at higher intensity and weight. This is the start of your fitness journey. Our introduction caters to your specific goals and works with your current level of fitness.
Who: New to CrossFit
Specifics: Start with a consultation/assessment to determine your skill level. Once this is finished, additional sessions may be required. One goal is for you to familiarize yourself with the more complex movements you will do during a class. Another, more important goal, is for you to move safely. The number of additional sessions are to be determined based on the consultation.
You will learn:
- About CrossFit and about our gym
- Our foundational movements
- body weight movements like the squat, pull up, pushup
- gymnastic movements like jumping, skipping, being upside down, swings
- Olympic lifts – the clean and jerk and the snatch
- other bar lifts movements – deadlift, thruster
- Mobility and Recovery techniques
When: Send an email to email@example.com or text @ 780.257.4827 to ask how you can get started.
Cost: Consultation is $125 plus GST. Additional sessions are $75 plus GST.
- Will teach you the proper movements to allow you to get stronger and stay injury free
- Teach you the body positions from setting your back properly to lift, to how to squat and how to move in space with body awareness
- Work with you on any previous limitations or injuries and give you workarounds and mobility tips to help you move past the problem
- Before going into your first class, you’ll be aware and familiar with all these new movements so you can focus on your workout and have fun!