We get it – CrossFit can seem intimidating and overwhelming! CrossFit 101 is custom designed with you in mind.
Finding a program that speaks to you and your goals is hard and sticking with one is even more difficult.
Our introduction program – CrossFit 101 – caters to your specific goals and works with your current level of fitness. has quite a few complex exercises which require some practice and familiarity prior to going at higher intensity and weight. This is the start of your fitness journey.
Benefits of CrossFit 101
A structured, customized and comprehensive plan designed to get you comfortable with all the basic movements of CrossFit. Taking the first steps to getting healthier, fitter and stronger.
Expert advice and tips to add support every step of the way, from training and technique to diet and recovery.
Surround yourself with people with similar goals, keeping you motivated and engaged throughout the entire program via the private CrossFit Sherwood Park Facebook group.
Who: New to CrossFit or someone who wants to brush up on their fundamentals
Specifics: 5 1-on-1 private training sessions and a 6th to be done during a real life class to get you into the swing of things at the gym.
When: Send an email to email@example.com or call/text to 780.257.4827 to ask about CF101. Schedule is based on your busy schedule.
Cost: $420 plus GST
Classes can be intimidating at first. You don’t know any one, some people look very fit and lots of the movements are things you may not have seen before. We understand exactly how you feel and we want to bring you into our gym in a way that makes you feel confident, excited and stress free.
CrossFit 101 is designed to teach you the movements we do at the gym in a safe environment without adding intensity, until you show proficiency in the movements. It’s also designed to get you acquainted with your coach and to start to meet some of the other members at CFSP without being involved in the class just yet.
You will learn:
- About CrossFit and about our gym
- Our foundational movements
- body weight movements like the squat, pull up, pushup
- gymnastic movements like jumping, skipping, being upside down, swings
- Olympic lifts – the clean and jerk and the snatch
- other bar lifts movements – deadlift, thruster
- Mobility and Recovery techniques
- Will teach you the proper movements to allow you to get stronger and stay injury free
- Teach you the body positions from setting your back properly to lift, to how to squat and how to move in space with body awareness
- Work with you on any previous limitations or injuries and give you workarounds and mobility tips to help you move past the problem
- Before going into your first class, you’ll be aware and familiar with all these new movements so you can focus on your workout and have fun!
Once you finish CF101, it’s time to start classes, at this point you should be proud of your new found level of fitness and the excitement to start a class should be off the charts!
The social environment, the community and the friends you make will give you a different sort of push and will help you reach new heights of fitness. Each and every person at CrossFit Sherwood Park is dedicated to not only ensuring they succeed, but ensuring everyone else succeeds. CrossFit Sherwood Park is a community of likeminded individuals who come together to create an incredibly strong community full of support and love.
Most of what you will learn are fundamental movements we do at CrossFit Sherwood Park. There are various other exercises you will become familiar with during regular CrossFit Classes.
Contact us to get started with CrossFit 101 sessions based on your schedule.