a) WARM UP:
- 10 air squats
- 10 glute bridges
- 6 Runners lunge with twist
- 6 Banded good mornings
Warm up for the deadlifts and work on technique for the Romanian, sumo and conventional deadlifts.
- Build to a Heavy Set of 5 Repetitions: Romanian Deadlift (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZgPVWVnLY4&width=640&height=480)
- Build to a Heavy Set of 7 Repetitions: Sumo Deadlift (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQCMmfcqKL4&width=640&height=480)
- Build to a Heavy Set of 9 Repetitions: Deadlift (conventional)
Let’s aim to build upon that today, looking for a heavy at each movement. Not a max, but a heavy.
Spend no more than 7 mins per type of lift.
21 – 15 – 9:
- Deadlifts (225/155)
- Kipping Handstand Pushups
d) ACCESSORY WORK:
Double under work
- Do a max set of unbroken reps. Then half that and do that many every :45s for 5 rounds.
- If your DU are weak today, work on technique today. Jump higher. Jump in one spot. As you spin the rope, get a feel for the rope as it comes around your body. Are your hands faster than the rope? Are your arms too far out to the side? Video yourself and watch and learn and make changes.
e) POST-WOD RECOVERY:
- Pigeon pose – 2 mins per side
- Smash calves/achilles